The town of Union, Missouri was built on donated land in 1826. The 72 1/2 acres was donated by three farmers who had built log cabins on the land. The county courthouse was completed in 1828 and within the first 15 years, the town added a blacksmith, two general stores, a wagon maker, a cabinet maker, a shoemaker, a hotel, a tavern, and a four story flour mill. The post office was opened on July 20, 1827. By 1887, the population had grown to 610 and the town was experiencing a boom due to the completion of the St. Louis-Kansas City and Colorado railroad through Union.
Missouri Paranormal Research
This group has done extensive research at the location. However, some members of this group have lived in the house and therefore, their accounts may be colored by personal feelings. Their site does provide a detailed report of their investigation and should be visited, if for nothing more than a deeper understanding of the location.
If you would like to become a member of KPG or would like to participate in an investigation, please contact us at